Like you, John Bentley has experienced the ups and downs of life. One moment you are on cloud nine, at other times you become confused not quite sure of where to turn next. Through it all John has come to understand that learning to lead yourself is the key to solving the problems that will occur in your life.
John's aha moment came early in his Air Force career when he received feedback that his leadership style under pressure was similar to someone opening a coke can after it was shaken. This led him on a journey to discover why he behaved poorly in tough situations. The findings John uncovered were not easy to accept, but he possessed the desire to learn and willingness to overcome limiting beliefs that caused him to spiral out of control.
After he retired from the Air Force, John founded Power 2 Transform. Since 2003 his sole focus is on teaching people how to master the art of self-leadership, especially when faced with adversity. His goal whether speaking, coaching or training is always the same – equipping people to leverage their strengths and mitigate their limitations so they can achieve better faster results through and with others!
John Business and Corporate topics include ...
1. Leadership Skills - A leaders' blind spots can create frustration, confusion or even paralysis for those they lead. Help your leaders learn to coach, direct, communicate and manage in a way that brings out the best in themselves and others despite the day-to-day chaos. Participants leave with tools to build trust, manage performance and create buy-in for better results.
2. Conflict & Change Management Skills - Could that "difficult" employee turns out to be a top performer? Many times, managers and employees handle conflict and change differently. These engaging programs help participants understand their own and others' behaviors in conflict, providing them with the problem-solving skills needed to manage adversity in the workplace. The result is more productive teams, higher satisfaction, and less turnover.
3. Team Cohesion - A lack of teamwork can sabotage even the greatest plans. The key is to discover and harness the talents and motivations of each individual, leading to a cohesive, productive team. By helping participants pinpoint the things that drive their success they will be prepared to shape an environment where the team accomplishes what no one can do alone.
John's Christian topics include ...
1. You Are A GIFT - Do you often ask yourself, "What is my God-given purpose?" Through the death of his adult daughter, John found the answer. This program is filled with thought-provoking stories and practical steps to help you reflect God's Image and Fulfill your Talent in service to others allowing you to live your purpose and glorify God.
2. Rejoice in the Lord, Always - Many of us become discouraged and don't know where to turn when faced with the problems life puts in our path. This program teaches us how to lean on God, and rejoice as the Holy Spirit grows us through the difficulties life puts on our path.
3. Transformed by the Spirit - God wired you with distinct strengths, but also weaknesses that hold you prisoner to your flesh. This program will help you learn how God transformed Paul, Peter, Abraham and Moses' natural weaknesses. By submitting to the Holy Spirit they became dynamic, effective Christians who rose above anger, fear, depression, and selfishness to further God's kingdom.
"John makes a tremendous effort to fully understand his clients' organizations, people, and needs. As we have worked on projects, he is always acutely aware of his clients' specific challenges and develops creative solutions and programs to meet those needs. John is also trustworthy… you can count on him to do what he says and to get the results he promises."
- Warren Smedley, Service Line Director for Cancer & GI Services at UAB Health System
"The leadership training John delivered served as a catalyst for setting us on a journey of excellence in quality and patient satisfaction helping us achieve a rating of 11th out of 5,000 hospitals in the nation."
- Jim Weidner, Former President Cullman Regional Medical Center
"John has transformed our organization by teaching the principles of leadership. He worked with us to assess ourselves and taught us how to best meet the needs of others. His commitment to us has been invaluable as we have streamlined processes, minimized cost, and improved patient satisfaction."
– Laura Edwards, Former Director, Cullman Regional Medical Center
Contact John for a FREE 20-minute strategy session to discuss your speaking or training needs