Mark was so great to work with and so pleasant. He was so upbeat and when they arrived to set up. They were entertaining with our clients, and really engaged the crowd to have fun. If you want to dance and just have a great time, this is the band for you. They sound good and everyone had fun - what more could you ask for. Thank you to the entire band for a great evening. The crew at Owl Harbor Marina
With over 100 songs to choose from, their song list is tailored to the many different events they play, depending on what you want to hear.
They have their own complete PA and expressive lighting system. They can provide an extra wireless microphone for the MC and/or attendees to use, and can also play music from smart phones, tablets, ipods/mp3 players, etc. through their system while they're not performing, with the option of the client providing the playlist of songs they'd like to hear. They can also be an MC/DJ for your event if you'd like.
Sacramento Magazine and their TV show have featured Mere Mortals, as well as KCRA-3, My58 morning show, Friday Night Live, Sacramento Blues Society's 25th Anniversary CD and Mick Martin's Blues Party radio show. Mere Mortals also has a 5 star rating on GigMasters, and performs at all types of venues, including corporate events, parties, weddings, and wineries in the Sacramento and Northern California area.
With an optional very talented horn section that can be added: (father on sax and his 19 year old son on trumpet), Mere Mortals always offers enjoyable, memorable performances.
Their most popular line up is their 4 piece band, but they have 7 band options for you to choose from:
* 6 piece - including saxophone and trumpet
* 5 piece - including saxophone
* 4 piece - (vocals/harmonica/percussion, guitar, bass, and drums)
* 3 piece - 'unplugged' version (lead and harmony vocals with 2 or 3 acoustic-electric guitars, harmonica and percussion, with or without drums)
* 2 piece - Two Mortals 'unplugged' version (lead and harmony vocals with 2 acoustic-electric guitars, harmonica and percussion)
* Mark Herin - solo, on vocals, acoustic-electric guitar and harmonica.
* Tom Petty / Rolling Stones tribute band. Playing the biggest hit songs from one or both bands, they play those songs just like the original versions.