From Concerts to Private Engagements, Classical to Contemporary, Solo to Ensemble, Harpist Anna Maria Mendieta performs all over the US and beyond. Versatile in all styles of music, she is happy to perform for you, whether it be a full multimedia concert-show, film, touring, recording sessions, corporate events, background music, or a private party for two!
TOURS: Anna Maria Mendieta often performs on tour as a soloist and with her ensembles around the country and abroad and may be performing near you! Please inquire if she is in your area, where she would gladly perform for you! Please note: Gigmasters calendar does not reflect her concert calendar or private event schedule, so please inquire regarding your date.
Ms. Mendieta belongs to 3 Musicians Unions: San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Sacramento. Because she performs on tour, she is very comfortable traveling to any destination.
Anna Maria Mendieta enjoys a busy career as a soloist, orchestral musician, recording artist and teacher. She is the principal harpist with the Sacramento Philharmonic and Opera and has performed with orchestras and chamber music groups across the country and abroad including the San Francisco Symphony, San Francisco Opera, San Francisco Ballet, Russian National Orchestra, the Russian State Ballet, Orquesta Sinfonica y Coro JMJ (Madrid), with reviews published internationally by The American Symphony Orchestra League as an "exceptional and charismatic soloist". She has performed for Pope Benedict XVI, President Clinton, President Gorbachev, the King and Queen of Spain; for National Hispanic Week in Washington D.C., World Youth Day events in Madrid, and for a special concert for the Pope at the Vatican in Rome.
With many international awards and albums to her credit, Anna Maria has appeared in movies, television, NPR, and the Emmy Awards. She has performed with celebrities including Andrea Bocelli, opera singer Frederica von Stade, Josh Groban, Frank Sinatra Jr., Johnny Mathis, Olivia Newton John, Moody Blues, Fernando de la Mora, Charlotte Church, and Barry Manilow, who calls her his "favorite harpist".
Her creation of "Tango del Cielo" (Tango from Heaven), an award winning album and national touring concert-show, is especially entertaining and is the focus of a documentary film. When she's not pulling strings, Anna Maria is out on the dance floor as a part of the show!
MUSICIANS, HARPS, ATTIRE, EQUIPMENT:
* All Musicians are principal players with professional symphony orchestras. All performers are top in their craft and with National & International awards.
* Ms. Mendieta has several harps of various styles and sizes from elegant Concert Grands to charming Celtic & Folk Harps available.
* Understanding that presentation is just as important as the musical performance, she coordinates her attire with your event including costumes for a themed event.
* If special equipment is necessary (big or small) such as stage/platform, dance floor, lighting & sound, etc., she is happy to accommodate.
In addition to playing solo, Anna Maria has several musical groups:
* Harp Duo (2 Harps)
* Harp & Voice (female or male vocalist)
* Harp & Flamenco (with dance)
* Harp, Violin & Voice - "Aria Bella Trio" (all styles)
* Harp with Flute, Violin, Cello - Duo, Trio, Quartet (all styles)
* Harp, Flute, Viola Trio - "Madrona Trio" (Classical)
* Harp, Violin, Bass, Percussion, and Flamenco Dance - "Del Cielo" Outreach Programs (Latin, Classical, World Music)
* Larger ensembles (6-12+) as the "Tango Del Cielo" (Tango of Heaven) concert-show. A unique theatrical music & dance program featuring Harp, Strings, and Percussion playing Spanish Classical, Latin Jazz, Argentine Tango & Flamenco.
PRIVATE EVENT CLIENTS INCLUDE:
NFL - for 2022 Superbowl
Francis Ford Coppola
Senator Jackie Speier
Charlotte & George Schultz, Secretary of State
Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
SF Opera & SF Ballet - Soloist for Opening Night Galas
California State Capitol events, Sacramento, CA
SF City Hall, for the Mayor's Office & high profile events
KQED - Public Television