Awesome! Soooo many great comments from guests about the music.
Between us, we have more than a century of experience. We're not a one-size-fits-all band — we specialize in jazz and we're pretty good at it. And if I think we're not appropriate for your event I'll tell you so.
But we're flexible. Some gigs require us to stay in the background with music that doesn't interfere with guests' conversation, while at others we are a more focused part of the event. You want your guests to say “the food was delicious,” “the decorations were great”….and “the music was awesome.”
And with a huge repertoire we're flexible there, too, able to tailor what we play to the ambiance of the event. We never know how an event will go. Some start slowly and quietly and get more animated as guests loosen up. Others stay low-key the whole time. And others are party, party, party when the doors open. So we're always on our toes to our part in making your event a success.
We play just about every jazz style from standards to bebop, latin, bossa novas, light funk and more. Most events require a variety of styles but with the large repertoire
* we can do a whole event of '20s music for casino night fundraisers and Mardi Gras parties;
* or '40s-'50s tunes like Sinatra hits;
* or “cool” cocktail party jazz with an air of sophistication;
* or a “big band” sound with the addition of one or more horns.
You want your event to look like “an event” so we dress how you think best: from shorts/Hawaiian shirts for pool parties to black shirt/pants for informal functions to suits for dressy gigs to tuxedos for formal situations.
And finally, we're professionals. Whatever your event is we've done it dozens, if not hundreds of times in the past.
* we show up early enough to be set up and ready to go when your guests arrive;
* we'll be neat, sober and properly dressed with all our equipment;
* and we conduct ourselves properly at all times.
Let me know if you have any questions or special requests.