Trent Harris and his group did a fabulous job playing at our wedding reception. We received many compliments from our guest on the Jazz Qaurtet.
Over the years Trent has played hundreds of professional gigs ranging from restaurant and club dates, to birthday and anniversary parties, to corporate evens, to weddings, to funerals, and all things in between. Also, Trent has developed great working relationships with a wide network of great jazz musicians in cities across the State of Michigan. So When you book a jazz group with Trent Harris, you get:
- music tailored to the mood of your event, and that constantly adapts the playlist and volume of the music to keep the energy level just right throughout your event
- top-notch professional jazz musicians who have spent a lifetime honing their craft
- responsive communication before, during, and after the gig
- a group that you can be confident will show up early, and starts and ends on schedule
- musicians who show up looking sharp, who conduct themselves with class and professionalism, and who reflect positively on you and your event
Trent offers performances as part of a jazz duo, trio, quartet, or little big band.
- duo (saxophone plus one of the following - guitar, piano, jazz organ, or bass)
- trio (saxophone plus two of the following - guitar, piano, jazz organ, bass, or drums)
- quartet (saxophone plus three of the following - guitar, piano, jazz organ, bass, or drums)
- "The Rhythm Ramblers" little big band (trumpet, trombone, saxophone, piano, bass, and drums)
Want to add a singer to your event, or request a special playlist of tunes for your event? No problem. For an additional charge, these things can be added to make your event personalized to your tastes and especially memorable for you and your guests.
Want to add P.A. sound reinforcement for announcements or pop/dance music during or after your event? No problem. For an additional charge, we can provide full P.A., including mixer, monitors, sound processing, and a trained soundman to operate it.
Attire options to suit your preference:
- jazz is the new black (all black)
- black tie (black tux or suit + white shirt + black necktie or bowtie + black leather dress shoes)
- formal (suit + button down shirt + tie + leather dress shoes)
- semi-formal (button down shirt + dress slacks, blazer/tie optional + leather shoes)
- business casual (collar shirt + khakis + leather shoes)
- casual (v-neck T-shirt or polo + jeans or khakis + leather shoes or dressy sneakers)
Jazz styles in our repertoire:
- early swing (Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Louis Armstrong, Fats Waller)
- American songbook standards (Irving Berlin, Cole Porter, Oscar Hammerstein, Gershwin)
- bebop (Charlie Parker, Thelonious Monk, Dizzy Gillespie)
- cool (Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck, Stan Getz, Paul Desmond)
- hard bop (John Coltrane, Cannonball Adderley, Horace Silver, Art Blakey, Joe Henderson)
- soul jazz (Stanley Turrentine, Jimmy Smith, Grant Green, Eddie Harris)
- fusion/jazz funk (Weather Report, Herbie Hancock, Chick Corea, John Scofield)