DJ was awesome and kept the kids dancing and entertained! Would highly recommend!
I have 10 years of experience as a mobile DJ (8 years as a very young mobile DJ during the 1980s-1990s, 2 years spinning EDM/Electro for an online show). Getting back into the scene. Based out of Cranberry Twp and serving the Pittsburgh region. For my day job, I am a info-security professional. I use modern EV speakers and a large array of modern intelligent lighting. Take a look at the picture section to see the different lighting configurations (I can light up an entire gym if needed). During your event I will run backup computers, mixers, mics, lights, and a music library to ensure there are no technical issues. If you are able to provide me with a music list I will make sure I have your songs (to a reasonable amount).
Specializing in a wide range of genres:
Top-40 and EDM
Rock-n-Roll / Hard Rock / Heavy Metal
Hip Hop (old school to modern)
50s-70s Pop and Rock
Disco and Funk
80s (needs its own sub genre)
Jazz and Chill
Q: Why should's I just go with the cheapest DJ?
A: Like many other things, you generally get what you pay for. Yes, some cheaper DJ's may be good, however consider these reasons why one DJ may be more expensive than another:
- Better equipment: Does the DJ use quality equipment? A low end cheap PA system may only cost a few hundreds of dollars; however the difference in quality between a $500 PA system and a $3000 PA system is night and day. Do you want your guests complaining of ringing or fatigued ears due to a poor sound system? It is worth paying extra for a DJ that uses a quality PA system. A Music Experience uses the Electro Voice ETX and ZLX series powered speakers and Pioneer DDJ-SX2 controller/audio interface.
- A Better configured lighting system: A cheaper DJ may show up with 1 or 2 older style lights, which may lack programmable functionality. You may get the same lighting scene the entire event. A quality DJ will use a variety of intelligent lighting fixtures that are programmed with "DMX". This allows for the creation of dozens of scenes that match the music being played. A Music Experience uses all modern intelligent lighting, including scanners, lasers, pars, spots, moon flowers, and other creative and unusual effects. Each of these are programmed to create different scenes, which are changed to match the mood of the music. Check out our picture section for the different lighting configurations.
- Large music library: good DJs should have a large and varied music library. At A Music Experience, we have over 20,000 songs running the gamut of genres and eras. We have a monthly budget to purchase the latest hits and we have the ability to download requested music during the event (not applicable for events where internet access is not available).
- Time spent on preparing for you event: A good DJ will discuss the event with you and make sure your needs are met, whether it be music choices, lighting choices, the program, or any other special requests. At a Music Experience, we will go out of our way to make sure your requests are met.
- Good Skills: A good DJ has the ability to read a crowd and knows the appropriate times to play certain songs or types of songs. With 8 years of experience, we like to think we are decent at this.
- Professionalism: I have seen and heard stories of DJs who lacked professionalism. Examples of these are: showing up late/setting up gear while guests are arriving, dressing inappropriately, acting rude or making lewd comments, experiencing SNAFUs due to being unprepared, and many other examples. We at Music Experience strive to be professional. All of our gear is regularly tested before the event. We will arrive at least 2 hours before the event to set up. We will dress appropriately for the event. Most importantly, we will work hard to ensure your event is successful.
Q: Do you have professional liability insurance?
A: Yes, A Music Experience has professional liability insurance.