COVID-19 UPDATE from Captain Leslie's Science and Ladybug the Clown
As we struggle with how to handle our circumstances, one thing is clear: Wearing Masks and practicing Social Distancing SAVES LIVES.
As our understanding of transmission evolves, we have seen growing evidence that simply gathering - to celebrate our birthdays, our life achievements, our social, religious and community milestones, and just seeing and being with each other - exposes us and our loved ones to the threat of COVID-19 transmission.
As heartbreaking as it is, everyone should postpone or re-imagine any planned social gatherings. It is especially critical to realize that it is more dangerous here in Southern California now than it was when the lockdowns began - the virus has spread more widely, and is more present in the community. Reopening efforts may be worsening the effect and driving up cases: do not be complacent.
How does this affect what I as an entertainer can offer you?
I feel it is my duty to do the following:
1. Provide leadership by example, and make choices about continuing my services that prioritize health and safety over all
2. Be realistic about what can and cannot continue during a pandemic
3. Be a resource for answers about the state of kids' event planning and best practices in a COVID-19 world
This leads to the following:
1. I will not be performing/offering services at any INDOOR gathering of any kind. This includes malls, restaurants, park recreation facilities, schools, homes, banquet halls, theaters and event spaces, workplaces, and houses of worship.
2a. I am no longer offering face painting as a service.
2b. I am DELIGHTED to offer virtual services!
3. Outdoor activities carry less risk than indoor activities, but it remains the case that GATHERING with people who are not members of your household holds the greatest potential to spread COVID-19. It is very hard to maintain strict rules (staying 6' apart, wearing masks, not sharing food or plates) at a party where you're talking, laughing and having fun. This is especially challenging for kids! Distanced events are possible, but require extra planning and discipline.
I encourage you to message me for a dialogue about thoughts and ideas to safely plan a pandemic celebration.
I'll continue to update this with more details on my NEW video/remote session offerings from Captain Leslie's Science!
Wondering what I'm all about? My regular description is below: bookmark me for the future.
Be Safe, your actions save lives.
Featuring SCIENCE shows with Captain Leslie's Science!
Whimsy. Curiosity. Discovery!
Captain Leslie's Science offers innovative birthday party, school workshops, and event packages for kids and families of all ages. Captain Leslie is a professional Science Educator and an accomplished entertainer who captivates groups with her dynamic, interactive approach to science exploration.
Ladybug the Clown delightfully brings you Games, Magic, Balloon Animals, Storytelling, Puppets, general silliness and, of course, the Chicken Dance.
Ladybug's Fairy-Tale Friends are Fairies, Butterflies, and Princesses from your favorite stories, and characters you love from the very best books around. We interweave the story and character theme with our favorite games and songs, plus Magic and Balloon Animals. Cute, Sweet, and little bit spunky, these modern heroines bring the best in imagination alive in your backyard.
We love creative themes! Ladybug the Clown or any of our Princesses and Fairies are always looking for a way to transform your ideas into a unique celebration. We are a great way to add sparkle and fun to your family's shindig, your office's anniversary dinner or your school's festival.