What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of wedding music? Probably Mendelssohn's "Wedding March" or Pachebel's "Canon in D Major" — that is, unless, you're planning a modern wedding with acoustic wedding songs.
We recommend hiring acoustic musicians to perform on your big day, either to play your wedding processional song, recessional song, or even wedding reception music to play during cocktail hour. The right musical performance can build a breathtaking atmosphere — which, I'm sure, is exactly what you're trying to achieve on your wedding day! That could look like a solo acoustic guitarist, an acoustic duo with vocal accompaniment, or even an acoustic trio, depending on the ambiance you're looking for.
Find the perfect acoustic songs for your wedding below:
1. "Make You Feel My Love" by Bob Dylan, Romeo Loves Juliet
2. "Wildest Dreams" by Taylor Swift, Beth
3. "You're The One That I Want" by John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John, Angus and Julia Stone
4. "Can't Help Falling In Love" by Elvis, Haley Reinhart
5. "Malibu" by Miley Cyrus, Maygen Lacey
6. "As Long As You Love Me" by Backstreet Boys, Sleeping At Last
7. "Every Breath You Take" by The Police, Aaron Krause, Liza Anne
8. "You've Got A Friend In Me" by Randy Newman, Sleeping At Last
9. "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley, Alex Cornell
10. "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper, Iron and Wine
11. "Halo" by Beyonce, Lotte Kestner
12. "Your Song" by Elton John, Ellie Goulding
13. "All You Need Is Love" by The Beatles, Paul Canning
14. "Wild Horses" by The Rolling Stones, The Sundays
15. "Lovesong" by The Cure, Colin and Caroline
16. "Crazy In Love" by Beyonce, Daniela Andrade
17. "Stay With Me" by Sam Smith, Angus and Julia Stone
18. "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston, Megan Davies, Keelan Donovan
19. "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol, The Wind and The Wave
20. "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers, Sleeping At Last
21. "Sea Of Love" by Robert Plant, Lily and Madeleine
22. "XO" by Beyonce, Anna Elizabeth Laube
23. "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" by The Police, Sleeping At Last
24. "Everything I Do, I Do It For You" by Bryan Adams, Grace Grundy
25. "All Of Me" by John Legend, Jessi Malay
26. "Stay With Me" by Sam Smith, Hannah Trigwell
27. "Feels Like Home" by Randy Newman, Matt Johnson
Bonus: Follow our acoustic wedding music playlist on Spotify, so you can listen whenever you want!
Tips for booking acoustic musicians:
- While browsing, be sure to review acoustic guitarist profiles and check out photos and videos.
- When preparing a request for one of our musicians, keep in mind that the more details you can provide, the more accurate the price quote you'll receive. If you receive a price quote that seems like it needs clarification, don't hesitate to reach out to the musicians directly to find out more.
- Make sure you have discussed what supplies the musicians will need for their performance. You'll want to know what they can provide, and what you'll need to have on hand on your wedding day.
- Communicate your expectations and special requests to any prospective musicians, and make sure to ask about their repertoire — especially if you have a particular song that you would like them to perform.
- Take a look through the specific genres of acoustic music our performers offer. You can find musicians who specialize in 60s hits, acoustic beach music, ambient acoustic music, and more.
- If you're planning an outdoor wedding, be sure to discuss where the musicians will be situated for the best acoustics and conditions for them to perform.
- Make sure to discuss what kind of atmosphere and mood you are hoping to set for your event. The more they know, the better they'll meet your expectations.
- Do you want a solo guitarist? Or are you looking for an acoustic duo or trio? Depending on how many guests you are expecting, you might want to consider your options (a solo musician might be too quiet if your wedding guest list is on the larger side).
Questions to ask prospective acoustic guitarists:
- Have they booked gigs at similar events?
- What music does the performer specialize in, and does it match your taste?
- If your event needs amplification, can this musician provide it?
- Will the performers work to individualize your event?
- Can they provide past client testimonials or referrals?
- Will they need any special equipment (like chairs, extension cords, etc.)?
- How long have they been performing?
- How much time do they need to set up?
There are tons of benefits booking through The Bash. Our guarantee ensures that our vendors are held to the highest standard of professionalism. All deposit and balance payments made online through our secure EventPay system are backed by a 100% money-back guarantee. You’ll also have hands-on support from our Account Services team who is available to help with any event needs, including a last-minute replacement.
About Brittany Barber
Brittany Barber, lover of books, dogs, and romance, graduated from Bishop’s University with a Communications and Theatre degree. After spending some time working abroad in the theatre world, she is now a freelance writer covering a range of lifestyle topics including event planning for The Bash, WeddingWire, 2life and Fluttr, and shopping for BuzzFeed.