Looking for an 80s music playlist for an upcoming event? We're here for it! We've got the best 80s party songs that will definitely have your friends belting out the lyrics and groovin' to the music.
From new wave groups and pop icons to rock stars and funk bands, we've rounded up the top tracks from the decade by artists like AC/DC, Talking Heads, Madonna, Dire Straits, KC & The Sunshine Band and more.
Whether you're hosting an 80s-themed party or a 60th birthday bash for an 80s music lover, take your party up a notch by booking an 80s Band or a Tribute Band (we're talking AC/DC, U2, Duran Duran and more!) to make your event one for the books. Alternatively, hire a DJ to cue up the tracks and get your guests on their feet.
Here are the best 80s party songs to add to your 80s music playlist.
- Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds
- Tainted Love - Soft Cell
- I wanna Dance with Somebody - Whitney Houston
- Billie Jean - Micahel Jackson
- Like a Virgin - Madonna
- Love Shack - The B-52's
- Once In a Lifetime - Talking Heads
- Brass In Pocket - Pretenders
- I Love Rock 'n' Roll - The Black Jets
- Livin' On a Prayer - Bon Jovi
- You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
- Jessie's Girl - Frickin' A
- Paradise City - Guns N' Roses
- Physical - Olivia Newton John
- Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
- Flashdance... What A Feeling - Irene Cara
- All Night Long - Lionel Richie
- Red Red Wine - UB40
- Ain't Nobody - Chaka Khan
- Push It - Salt-N-Pepa
- Like A Prayer - Madonna
- Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
- Walk This Way - Run D.M.C., Aerosmith
- Jump - Van Halen
- (I Just) Died In Your Arms - Curring Crew
- We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel
- Footloose - Kenny Loggins
- Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go - Wham!
- My Sharona - The Knack
- Centerfold - The J. Geils Band
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
- Love Shack - The B-52s
- Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry
- Celebration - Kool & The Gang
- Y.M.C.A. - Village People
- We Are Family - Sister Sledge
- I'm So Excited - The Pointer Sisters
- Kung Fu Fighting - Carl Douglas
- That's the Way (I Like It) - KC & The Sunshine Band
- Don't You Want Me - The Human League
- Mony Mony - Billy Idol
- La Bamba - Los Lobos
- She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals
- 99 Red Balloons - Nena
- Give It Up - KC & The Sunshine Band
- Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran
- Take on Me - a-ha
- Footloose - Kenny Loggins
- You Make My Dreams (Come True) - Daryl Hall & John Oates
- Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley
- Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles
- Walk of Life - Dire Straits
- Thriller - Michael Jackson
- The Power of Love - Huey Lewis & The News
- Uptown Girl - Billy Joel
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2
- Need You Tonight - INXS
- Kiss - Prince
- Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode
- What's Love Got to Do with It - Tina Turner
- Start Me Up - The Rolling Stones
- Faith - George Michael
- Our House - Madness
- Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
- True - Spandau Ballet
- London Calling - The Clash
- Whip It - Devo
- One Way or Another - Blondie
- Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye
Have a listen to our 80s Music Playlist on Spotify:
Tips for booking an 80s band or DJ:
- On The Bash, you can search through a list of top-rated, bookable decade bands, tribute acts, and DJs in your local area. While browsing, be sure to review vendor profiles and check out their photos and videos.
- When preparing a request for one of our musicians or DJs, keep in mind that the more details you can provide, the more accurate the price quote you'll receive. If you receive a price quote that seems like it needs clarification, don't hesitate to reach out to the vendor directly to find out more.
- Make sure you have discussed what supplies the vendor will need for their performance. You'll want to know what they can provide, and what you'll need to have on hand at your event.
- Communicate your expectations and special requests to any prospective musicians, and make sure to ask about their repertoire — especially if you have a particular song that you would like them to perform.
- If you're planning an outdoor event, be sure to discuss where the vendor will be situated for the best acoustics and conditions for them to perform.
- Discuss what kind of atmosphere and mood you are hoping to set for your event. The more they know, the better they'll meet your expectations.
Photo: 1989, 80s Band
There are tons of benefits to booking through The Bash. Our guarantee ensures that our vendors are held to the highest standard of professionalism. All deposit and balance payments made online through our secure EventPay system are backed by a 100% money-back guarantee. You’ll also have hands-on support from our Account Services team who is available to help with any event needs, including a last-minute replacement.
For more advice on hiring musical entertainment, here are helpful tips on how to book a band — and be sure to check out these 10 questions to ask before signing a vendor contract.