As concerns surrounding COVID-19 continue and with group social gatherings being limited nationwide, the uncertainty of whether to continue to hold events or cancel and reschedule to a future date can be a stressful decision for event hosts and vendors, alike.
Here at The Bash, we are by no means medical professionals, but we are here to support our party hosts and vendors to ensure they are comfortable making any decision to cancel or reschedule an upcoming event due to the coronavirus. We’re here for you, and your safety is our top priority.
Our team will be handling all cancellations as delicately as possible. We will do our best to do the right thing in light of this situation and will handle each event cancellation on a one-to-one basis.
If you’re a party host or vendor who is considering or has decided to cancel an upcoming booking due to COVID-19, here is what you can do:
- Stay calm. This is a difficult time and we know that it is stressful for all event hosts and vendors.
- Communicate with the other party. Make sure to share your concerns with your client/vendor and make the best (and safest) decision for everyone involved.
- Contact our Account Services team. We can facilitate communications between all parties involved and offer support as needed.
- Figure out next steps. Make sure to contact anyone else involved with the event (guests, venue, food/beverage vendors). You can also begin to plan for a rescheduled date.
- Stay safe! Take recommended health precautions and be aware of any updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO).
The Bash has an Event Protection Policy in place, and while we will continue to follow these guidelines, we will modify some of our procedures as necessary for this month (March 2020).
For our vendors: With cancellations happening quickly and within short time frames, we will not penalize for last-minute cancellations. We will still work with the client to locate a replacement, if necessary and we will refund fees. Due to these circumstances, we are encouraging vendors to consider refunds or credits towards a future booking—but understand that this is ultimately at the discretion of the vendor.
As always, we’re here to help! If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us by phone at 866-342-9794 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Account Services team is available Monday – Friday, between 9am and 5:30pm EST. We also have limited coverage on the weekends to support you as well.