Are you on the hunt for Mardi Gras entertainment ideas for your Fat Tuesday ball? Well, look no further. We've come up with a list of 11 entertainers and artists that are sure to be an absolute hit at your Mardi Gras party.
Here are 11 of our favorite Mardi Gras entertainment ideas:
1. Face and Body Painting
Hire a caricaturist to draw funny portraits of your guests. The drawings will be great party favors for everyone to go home with, as well as a great way to commemorate their funky feathered costumes.
Photo: Oleksii Sidorov/Shutterstock.com
How impressive is juggling though? Find a juggler to perform at your Mardi Gras bash for an unforgettable experience.
Photo: Ra2 Studio/Shutterstock.com
At The Bash, we have magicians of all sorts to suit your Mardi Gras party needs.
5. Fortune Tellers
Depending on the size of your party, you might want to consider hiring more than one, so your guests don't have to start lining up for a peek into their futures!
Photo: Sunny Studio/Shutterstock.com
If you plan on hosting a kid-friendly Mardi Gras party, you'll definitely want to make sure they have their own form of entertainment while the adults get down and party, too.
7. Fire Eater
Photo: Vincenzo De Bernardo/Shutterstock.com
Flambeaux has always been a tradition for starting off a Mardi Gras party. Hire a fire eater to keep that tradition alive while they spice it up with an exciting pyrotechnic performance.
Photo: Max4e Photo/Shutterstock.com
What better way to start a dance party than with a group of professional dancers?
9. Circus Acts
If you're throwing a huge Mardi Gras party, you might want to consider huge entertainment, too. Did you know you can hire a full-on circus act to perform at your bash?
Check out the availability for circus acts in your area, and set up a meeting to discuss the details about what you're looking for (and what they can provide).
10. Carnival Entertainers
Photo: David Tadevosian/Shutterstock.com
If your party space is outdoors (or going to be hosted in a large venue, like a warehouse), consider hiring some extravagant carnival entertainers to liven up your Mardi Gras celebration. Some of our favorites include:
Check! Them! Out!
11. Live Music
Last, but certainly not least, your Mardi Gras party absolutely needs some live music! Capture the sounds of Bourbon Street (even if your party won't be in New Orleans!) with:
We also have a bangin' Mardi Gras playlist you should check out if you're on the hunt for inspiration.
Bonus Entertainment Booking Tips:
- On The Bash, you can search through an extensive list of top-rated, bookable entertainers and party rentals in your local area. While browsing, be sure to review vendor profiles and check out photos and videos.
- When preparing a request for one of our vendors, keep in mind that the more details you can provide, the more accurate the price quote you'll receive. If you receive a price quote that seems like it needs clarification, don't hesitate to reach out to the vendor directly to find out more.
- Make sure you have discussed what supplies the entertainer will need for their performance. Usually, this will consist of a small table and a few chairs, but depending on the entertainment, this can vary. You'll want to know what they can provide, and what you'll need to have on hand.
- There are tons of benefits booking through The Bash. Our guarantee ensures that our party entertainers are held to the highest standard of professionalism. All deposit and balance payments made online through our secure EventPay system are backed by a 100% money-back guarantee. You’ll also have hands-on support from our Account Services team who is available to help with any event needs, including a last-minute replacement.
- For more advice on hiring party entertainment, check out these 10 questions to ask before signing a vendor contract.
About Brittany Barber
Brittany Barber, lover of books, dogs, and romance, graduated from Bishop’s University with a Communications and Theatre degree. After spending some time working abroad in the theatre world, she is now a freelance writer covering a range of lifestyle topics including event planning for The Bash, WeddingWire, 2life and Fluttr, and shopping for BuzzFeed.