They said it couldn't be done. They said there weren't enough Thanksgiving songs in the history of the world to make up an entire Thanksgiving music playlist. But it must be a Thanksgiving miracle because we have put together the ultimate Thanksgiving playlist!
It turns out that there really aren't too many songs about Thanksgiving. But there sure are plenty with "thanks" or "thank you" in them, and that's close enough for me. I had to include Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant which tells the story of a very strange incident that took place on Thanksgiving day 1965. (It's 18 minutes though... you've been warned). I also included The Weight, the best-known song by The Band — in honor of their final concert on Thanksgiving day 1976 (which was later turned into the film The Last Waltz).
Bonus: Scroll to the bottom for the direct link to our Spotify Thanksgiving playlist.
Here are 50 songs to add to your Thanksgiving music playlist:
- Thank You - Dido
- The Weight - The Band
- Eat It - Weird Al Yankovic
- Thanksgiving Theme (from Peanuts) - Guaraldi Trio
- Be Thankful - Natalie Cole
- Sweet Potato Pie - James Taylor & Ray Charles
- Alice's Restaurant - Arlo Guthrie
- Homeward Bound - Simon and Garfunkel
- Thank You - Bonnie Raitt
- Thanksgiving - George Winston
- Everybody Eats When They Come To My House - Cab Calloway
- Count Your Blessings Instead Of Sheep - Bing Crosby
- Home - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
- How Sweet It Is - James Taylor
- We Are Family - Sister Sledge
- Thank You For Being a Friend - Andrew Gold
- You Are The Best Thing - Ray LaMontagne
- Stand By Me - Ben E. King
- Cheek To Cheek - Fred Astaire
- All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
- Everybody Needs Somebody To Love - Solomon Burke
- I Want To Thank You - Otis Redding
- The House That Jack Built - Aretha Franklin
- Thank You Friends - Big Star
- The Makings Of You - Curtis Mayfield
- What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
- California - Joni Mitchell
- Lovely Day - Bill Withers
- Gratitude - Earth, Wind & Fire
- Blue Ridge Mountains - Fleet Foxes
- Rock And Roll Part II - Gary Glitter
- Easy - Commodores
- Landslide - Fleetwood Mac
- the lakes - Taylor Swift
- In Your Arms - Chef’Special
- Better Together - Jack Johnson
- This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) - Natalie Cole
- Ho Hey - The Lumineers
- Missing Piece - Vance Joy
- Dirty Paws - Of Monsters and Men
- Sweater Weather - The Neighbourhood
- Sunday Morning - Maroon 5
- Home - Phillip Phillips
- Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
- Almost (Sweet Music) - Hozier
- Ophelia - The Lumineers
- Just Like Autumn - Jordy Searcy, Carly Bannister, The Tuesday Crew
- Home - Michael Bublé
- Great Pumpkin Waltz - Vince Guaraldi Trio
- The Bones - Maren Morris, Hozier
Tips for booking a solo musician:
- On The Bash, you can search through a list of top-rated, bookable soloists (acoustic guitarists, singers, harpists and more) in your local area. While browsing, be sure to review vendor profiles and check out their photos and videos.
- When preparing a request for one of our musicians, keep in mind that the more details you can provide, the more accurate the price quote you'll receive. If you receive a price quote that seems like it needs clarification, don't hesitate to reach out to the vendor directly to find out more.
- Make sure you have discussed what supplies the vendor will need for their performance. You'll want to know what they can provide, and what you'll need to have on hand at your event.
- Communicate your expectations and special requests to any prospective musicians, and make sure to ask about their repertoire — especially if you have a particular song that you would like them to perform.
- If you're planning an outdoor event, be sure to discuss where the vendor will be situated for the best acoustics and conditions for them to perform.
- Discuss what kind of atmosphere and mood you are hoping to set for your event. The more they know, the better they'll meet your expectations.
There are tons of benefits to booking through The Bash. Our guarantee ensures that our vendors are held to the highest standard of professionalism. All deposit and balance payments made online through our secure EventPay system are backed by a 100% money-back guarantee. You’ll also have hands-on support from our Account Services team who is available to help with any event needs, including a last-minute replacement.
Find more Thanksgiving celebration inspiration here on The Bash.