We strongly encourage that all events adhere to COVID-19 safety guidelines. Our vendors are available for in-person, contactless or virtual services and all bookings are covered by Our Guarantee. View our resources for safely hosting events.
A couple of weeks ago we looked at some new ideas for songs for walking down the aisle. This week we thought we'd give you some ideas for songs to play when leaving the ceremony. Processional songs tend to be slow and solemn where recessional songs tend to be a little more joyous and celebratory.
Now that you're officially married people are a little more willing to relax and enjoy a song with a little sense of humor. Don't forget though, if you're getting married in a church or other house of worship, you'll need to clear any music with the clergy. If there's objection to the lyrics, try going with an instrumental version of the songs. Your friends will get the joke and no one will be offended.
Ten New Recessional Song Ideas
10. A Little Less Conversation - Elvis Presley
9. All You Need Is Love- Beatles
8. A Whole New World (Theme from Aladdin) - Peabo Bryson
7. Peanuts Theme Music - Vince Guaraldi
6. I Feel Good - James Brown
5. Signed Sealed Delivered - Stevie Wonder
4. I'm a Believer - Smashmouth
3. 1 + 1 - Beyonce
2. I Was Made for You - She & Him
1. Beautiful Day - U2